Job Description & Responsibilities
1. Create and execute publicity plans for clients.
2. Write press releases and other media communications to promote clients.
3. Cultivate relationships with journalists in order to place stories with
4. Understand the inner working of the media in order to recognize the
stories that journalists would want to write about.
5.Discern which stories are obvious and don’t require much in the way of
6. Pitch new stories to media.
7. Arrange and flesh out talking points for press visits, interviews,
appointments, and press conferences.
8.Create and edit press releases, media alerts, and press kit materials.
9. Build and maintain relationships with various media outlets.
10. Updating and maintaining Web content.
11. Responding to requests for information release or press conference from
the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
Conferring with managers to identify trends and group interests and
providing advice on business decisions.